CADAM Drafting - "More than a Pretty Picture"
CADAM Drafting (CCD) is "CADAM-compliant" (data, function, product mix, etc.). When you transfer your Helix data to CCD, you get true CADAM data and integrity (much more than a pretty picture). We will translate your data here and now (or at your site), with no clean-up or post-processing. Please look carefully at the results, and please challenge any other vendor to do that. Make sure dimensions are dimensions, for example.
Please compare the translation of the following Helix data types to CCD and any other CAD system:
- Symbol tables
- Font tables
- Format tables
- Special characters
- Plot formats
- Model text
- Dimensions (protected fields, tolerances, leading & trailing text, standards, out of scale, etc.)
- Scaled views (look at text sizes, arrowhead sizes, etc.)
- Turned views
- Window sets
- Nested details, dittos, sets (rotated or scaled)
- Raster data (stored in one single CCD file with the vector data)
- Complex double byte character strings (boxed notes, etc.)
- Splines and offset splines (also relimited)
- No-shown geometry
- Areafills with complex boundaries
- GD&T special characters
- Plot data
- Notes (text span, text slant, etc.)
- And, of course, your easier 2D geometry
What happens if there is a problem with a translation for CCD? Easy, we fix it. Single translation, single vendor, single point of contact. Ask for a strong referral on this.
What happens if there is a problem with a translation to another vendor's system? Do you go to that vendor? Do you go to the company that's writing the translation software for them? The sending system is very different from the receiving system, so there are bound to be compromises. Your data is too important.
We have the absolute best translations available at any price. Speaking of price, ours is free. This is because the level of effort is minimal, and because we have been doing this for many years. CADAM data maps to CADAM data very well, and we beg any vendor to challenge that statement. Nobody can or will beat us on this.