System Requirements for CADAM Drafting V5
Common Hardware Requirements
The following requirements are common to all operating systems supported by CADAM Drafting Version 5-6 Release 2013. System unit and graphic adapter requirements are platform specific and are detailed in the topics that follow.
- Required Components and Features
- Disk drive: An internal or external disk drive (minimum recommended size is 4 GB) is required to store program executables, program data, the user environment, and to provide paging space. Installation of all CATIA V5 products requires 2.0 GB on Windows, 2.4 GB on AIX, and 2.7 GB on HP-UX.
- Memory: 256 MB of RAM is the minimum recommended for all applications. 512 MB of RAM is recommended.
- Internal/external drives: A CD-ROM drive is required for program installation and for access to the online documentation, which can optionally be downloaded to disk.
- Display: A graphics color display compatible with the selected platform-specific graphics adapter. The minimum recommended size for usability reasons is 17 inches. Minimum resolution for Windows workstations is 1024 x 768.
- Keyboard: A specific keyboard compatible with the selected installation locale may be required for national language support.
- Pointing device: Three-button mouse. On Windows workstations, a two-button mouse may alternatively be used (the third button is emulated with a keyboard sequence). The three-button mouse is recommended for usability reasons. IntelliMouse (two buttons plus a wheel instead of the third button) is an alternative to the three-button mouse on Windows workstations. The wheel acts as the middle button to allow additional manipulations, such as panning and scrolling.
Although CADAM Drafting Version 5 products might run on configurations or with graphic adapters other than those specified for each of the platforms below, incidents specific to such configurations or adapters will not be accepted for support.
Hardware Requirements for a Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 Environment
- System Unit: An Intel workstation (Pentium III at minimum) running Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
- Graphic Adapter: Any PCI, PCIe, or AGP graphic adapter supported by the Windows versions listed in the Software Requirements section.
- Network adapter: An active LAN adapter (ethernet or token ring, installed and configured) is required for licensing purposes.
Common Software Requirements
CADAM Drafting V5 runs on selected levels of:
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
Software Requirements in a Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 Environment:
One of the following:
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition SP2
- Microsoft Windows Vista x32 Enterprise or Business Edition
- Microsoft Windows Vista x64 Enterprise or Business Edition
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 7 x64
- Microsoft Windows 8
Access to Product Information: CADAM Drafting product information is delivered on the product CDs and as a download from cadam.com in HTML format. An HTML browser is required to access this documentation. This requirement can be satisfied with Microsoft Internet Explorer at a minimum level of 7.0 or Firefox at a minimum level of 3.0. Although access to the online documentation might work on other HTML browsers, incidents specific to browsers other than those specified are not eligible for support.
Prerequisites for the Licensing Environment
One of the following licensing mechanisms is required:
- CADAM License Manager (CLM). CLM is included with the CADAM Drafting installation media or may be downloaded from www.cadam.com.
- Dassault Systemes License Server (DSLS) V6R2014. DSLS is included with the CATIA installation media or may be downloaded from the Dassault Systemes support website: : http://www.3ds.com/support/download/dassault-systemes-license-server/pagedownload/
- IBM License Use Management (LUM) is no longer supported as of CADAM Drafting V5-6 R2013.
Printer and Plotter support in a Windows Environment: Support of printers and plotters for Windows is performed through the vendor's drivers for the targeted printer or plotter. Contact the printer or plotter vendor for requirements and support.